HIn the game Super Mario 64 DS, there are many characters in the game that you will meet. Some characters appear in the painting worlds, Some appear in the castle, and Some appear under certain conditions. Alot of the characters are seen alot through out the game, but a few of the characters are not really seen.
- Yoshi- The Main character in Super Mario 64 DS, Yoshi can flutter kick, like Luigi and swallow enemies and items, but can't punch or kick, making him the only charcter with a projectile attack and the weakest of the four characters.
- Mario- The character with the basic moves, like Wall Jumping and flying, Mario is the very first character to be unlocked
- Luigi- The character who has superb jumping skills and run on water for a short time. Luigi is the second player to be unlocked.
Boss- King Boo
- Wario- The character who has the worst overall stats, can't jump high or run fast, Wario is the third and final player to be unlocked and is the strongest of the 4 characters and break black bricks and can grab, spin, and throw Yoshis in VS. Multiplayer Mode.
Boss- Chief Chilly
- Princess Peach- The usual damsel in distress, Princess Peach Toadstool is kidnapped and you need to collect all the stolen Power Stars to win her back.
- Bowser- The Koopa King is back again, this time with twice as much power as before.
- Bob-omb Buddies- Showing up in painting worlds from time to time, Bob-omb Buddies are always glad to help the player through their very long adventure.
- Lakitu- He is seen only 4 times in the game, he acts as the camera used to see yourself throughout the game.